**QUALITY ROOMS TO LET** The property is a large, spacious period property with someof the original features over three stories. It consists of 6 spacious double en-suite bedrooms and is a licenced, house of multiple occupancy (HMO).It is on the Hinkley Point and local bus routes, with the bus stop less than one minute away, close to junction 24 of the M5, it is a one minute walk to local shops local pub and takeaways, five minutes from a large supermarket and town centre and a fifteen minute walk to the train station.There are two bathrooms one on the ground floor and one on the first floor both with electric showers and baths and two toilets. There is a large kitchen/diner, which is fully fitted with oven, hob, fridge/freezers, washer/dryer, microwave, dishwasher, kettle , toaster etc. There is also adrying area and enclosed rear garden.It has Gas Central Heating, and central heating throughout. The communal areas are cleaned every two weeks. There is a park a two minute walk away and fields andthe well known Bridgwater to Taunton canal within walking distance. It is also close to the Bridgwater docks. It is in a sought after area because it is close to both all local amenities and junction 24 of the M5. The rooms are all doubles and are very and light and airy, spacious, newly decorated and supplied with a double bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers and bedside cabinet. Wifi is included as are all bills.
Rent £100 per week
An application form must be completed for each applicant.
It is very important that you complete the application form accurately and honestly and disclose any adverse credit history as the 'holding deposit' may not be refundable if you fail to do so. Contact us for full terms.
Holding deposit equal to one weeks' rent may be taken to reserve the property.
Renewal of the 'fixed period' - £50.
Default Fees - where the rent is overdue by more than 14 days we can apply a default fee of 3% above the Bank of England base rate.
Contractual Damages, this is where damage has been caused by the tenant in breach of their contractual obligations defined in the tenancy agreement. The agent is entitled to recover the costs to put them back in the position they would have been had the tenant carried out all contractual obligations.
Loss of keys or other security device, a reasonable charge can be applied in the event of loss of keys etc.
All client money is protected by our Client Money Protection Scheme and we are members of The Property Ombudsman Scheme (TPOS) redress service.
(1) MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS – prospective tenants will be asked to produce identification documentation during the referencing process and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing a tenancy.
(2) These particulars do not constitute part or all of an offer or contract.
(3) The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive.
(4) Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully to satisfy yourself of their accuracy.
(5) You should make your own enquiries regarding the property, particularly in respect of furnishings to be included/excluded and what parking facilities are available.
(6) Before you enter into any tenancy for one of the advertised properties, the condition and contents of the property will normally be set out in a tenancy agreement and inventory. Please make sure you carefully read and agree with the tenancy agreement and any inventory provided before signing these documents.